nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Large Beetles Feasting on Peaches

  • From: "" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Large Beetles Feasting on Peaches
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:57:31 -0500

Chris, Undoubtedly the Green June Beetle - or 'Junebug', as we call 'em down
here.
Between them and the last of the Japanese beetles, they've pretty well taken
the
last of the mulberries, are decimating the fruits on my crabs, and are
working on
the last of the blackberry fruits. Lucky Z6 KY
----- Original Message ----- From: W3cmp@aol.com [mailto:W3cmp@aol.com] Sent:
7/25/2005
3:26:16 PM To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org Subject: [NAFEX] Large Beetles
Feasting on
Peaches
Hello: I have been fighting a large greenish beetle with almost square shape
about
1/2-3/4" long that swarms on peaches and devours them. They almost seem like
a super
sized Japanese beetle with shoulder boards. I've used Sevin as a knoock down
treatment
but I cannot find a picture/description of the pest. Can anybody tell me what
it
is? Thanks. Chris Patterson SE Pa. Zone 6