nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaw Cookies Kill NAFEX listserv!!

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: Richard Moyer <ramoyer@gmail.com>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaw Cookies Kill NAFEX listserv!!
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:40:21 -0700

FWIW, Jim Claypool told me to use bark grafting with American persimmons, and only after the stock was leafed out. I cut off stock that is at least an inch in diameter and slip the scions under the bark of the cut end. Wrap with plastic budding tape or even flagging tape and seal with Doc Farwell's. I've never had such a graft fail unless the scions were dead to start with. They make a nice tight graft, too, if done right.
-Lon Rombough