nafex - [NAFEX] How long for Apricot to Ripen

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] How long for Apricot to Ripen
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:56:23 -0400

My apricots have just started to turn color. How long is it likely to take until they are ripe? We are about to go away on vacation for about 2 weeks, and if they are likely to be fully ripe before we return, I will encourage the neighbors to take them. (In the hopes that the local wild-life doesn't discover they are good to eat, as well as to prevent waste.) If not, we will look for them when we get home. I think the neighbor is likely to pick them under-ripe if we encourage him to harvest them.

Thanks,
Ginda
Eastern Mass., zone 6

  • [NAFEX] How long for Apricot to Ripen, list, 07/16/2005