nafex - [NAFEX] Congrats to Jim Fruth

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Congrats to Jim Fruth
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:12:47 -0500

Just some internet applause for Jim Fruth!
I saw his Pequot black raspberry described in The Register of New Fruit and
Nut
Varieties, List 42 from the USDA, ARS SE Fruit and Tree Nut Research Lab in
Byron
Georgia. Looks like a winner! I had a bunch trialed when I worked for FEDCO
Trees,
and they looked good in zone 3 Maine.
Jim, the Register did not mention a patent #...is that still pending? I
understood
that was your intention, and for good reason. Are you still selling some
Pequot
yourself or would you prefer folk's go through Hartmann's?
Again, three cheers!
Heron Breen
zone 4, Maine

  • [NAFEX] Congrats to Jim Fruth, Heron Breen, 07/15/2005