nafex - Re: [NAFEX] alpine strawberry questions

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] alpine strawberry questions
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 18:05:32 -0700

Alpine strawberries are tasty, but the small size means you really don't get a lot of volume from them. I have grown them and found that it took ten feet of row to get a pint at a picking. Consider them more of an ornamental that has some edible fruit on it. If you want production, commercial strawberries are a better bet. That said, you could start seed now and possibly even get a few berries by the end of the summer, with a little luck.
-Lon Rombough