nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Question - Milk spray

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Question - Milk spray
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:47:52 -0700

I would think no. It covers pretty well on its own. I might have thought
that that was due to the fat in whole milk, but skim milk spreads and sticks
pretty well, too.

As you said earlier, there are many guesses as to why the milk works.
Although it may well work by several actions, I think the probiotic action
is principal. Soap is mildly antibiotic due to its surfactant nature. Not
that I think you'd see any big negative effect - I just doubt there would be
a positive one, either.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate