nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Duke Cherries

  • From: joanrrosenberg@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Duke Cherries
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:24:34 -0400

I have them.  The Balaton and the Danube are hungarian sour cherries, not dukes.  Surefire is a sour, not a Duke.  Raintree did carry one for a while but nothing has been offered recently.  I don't know that any of my crosses are dukes, I think the sours cross with each other and the sweet cross with each other.  I don't know how to tell Dukes  as seedlings.   You have to be really specific with the pollen and shield the flowers from outside influence.