nafex - [NAFEX] Ure Pear +

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Ure Pear +
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 06:41:07 -0500

My pear are eleven years in the ground now and Ure has given me just one
fruit (last year). It had a few blossoms this year but failed to set fruit.
I have also had Nova and Flemish Beauty, both deceased due to unknown
reasons, Summer Crisp and Buerre Gifford, both died back to the lower trunk
and seem healthy again (no flowers yet) and John which has been making a
concerted effort in trying to die for the past ten years.
I grafted all of these onto a friend's aging Parker Pear and all of these
grafts are bearing fruit.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm

  • [NAFEX] Ure Pear +, Jim Fruth, 06/22/2005