nafex - RE: [NAFEX] why apples are healthful

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] why apples are healthful
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:08:39 -0700

Oh, and the amount of fructose in fruit is probably just right, and
accompanied by a perfect balance of fiber and nutritious compounds. The
dietary problem seems to be the effect of the massive amounts of liquid
high-fructose corn syrup we take in in sodas and processed foods. That may
well lead to metabolic dysregulation.

One of the classic approaches to restoring proper metabolism includes
consumption of many servings of fresh fruits and veggies, including apples.

Used to be we thought sucrose was the culprit in that problem, and fructose
was fine. Oops. But fructose is still just dandy, as are all sugars, in
place in whole fruits.

~ Stephen