nafex - RE: [NAFEX] avoid bench grafting

  • From: "Bruce Hansen" <brucedhansen@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] avoid bench grafting
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:38:16 -0400

Let me think. All apples are grafted. All apple root stock, of any quantity, is sent alive and bare root. All scions, when properly cared for are alive. A Rox is created by grafting the live scion on a live rootstock. This can be done on the bench in the nursery, top grafting in the field, or live bud grafting in the field. What is 1920 about this? When you buy a tree from a nursery it can be sent to you bare root and alive. Plant it and give it proper care and it will leaf out. It remains alive. What are you advocating? If you want an article written in Pomona, why not write it yourself!