nafex - [NAFEX] Fireblight worse than usual this year?

  • From: "Rodney Eveland" <reveland@collinscom.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fireblight worse than usual this year?
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 20:06:16 -0600

Only on the pears so far. They bloomed and leafed out long before the
apples so were more effected by the frosts and snow storms which
followed. In a way I'm hoping they will die as they get it every
year., I think the salesman told me that all 3 of my varieties are
resistant. Even though they have gotten it every year it hasn't gone
beyond the leaves and this year it seemed like many leaves turned
black and died while the ones right next to them remain untouched. I
could use the space for more tart cherries as they do really well for
me. Rodney in Northeast Wy