nafex - Re: [NAFEX] I found a thornless raspberry in the woods

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] I found a thornless raspberry in the woods
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 21:18:28 -0700

The thornless raspberry here in the NW is the Thimbleberry. It doesn't cross readily with cultivated species anyway. Though the flavor varies with where the plants grow and with individual selections. Fruit aside, the plant is often used as an ornamental as the large leaves and large white blossoms are quite attractive, and it will grow in partial shade.
-Lon Rombough