nafex - [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 28, Issue 28

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 28, Issue 28
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 04:32:20 -0700 (PDT)

It was queried:

> I have three cultivars on three rootstocks, and I may graft one or two
>
> over to something else next year. (I couldn't buy exactly what I
>
> wanted, but I was able to get all the parts.) I was thinking it might
>
> be fun to get fancy and have different cultivars on different limbs,
>
> instead of grafting the whole thing. Has anyone tried anything like
>
> this? Or is it more trouble than its worth?

My reply:

If you are going to attempt this, you have to really, really think hard about matching the varieties in terms of vigor, spur development, and bloom times.
You want to be able to service a whole espalier, not part of one when pruning and spraying and it is hard to
keep it in balance if the trees are of different vigor.

"el conejo suave"

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 28, Issue 28, fuwa fuwa usagi, 05/13/2005