nafex - Re: [NAFEX] soaking scions

  • From: "David Doud" <doudone@netusa1.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] soaking scions
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 14:39:00 -0500

...finally learns not to draw the knife towards any part of ones body,...
actually,  in this particular instance,  I folded my small knife into the tip of my ring finger - topworking is always challenging,  working in the field with stocks of varying sizes,  trying to keep track of all the tools - and you can't draw the stock thru the knife when it's planted in the ground,  so I just put a wrap of grafting tape around my thumb in the strategic spot - I didn't do any bench work this year so I'm rusty anyway - sure was pleasant out tho - -