nafex - [NAFEX] Cats catching rodent girdling trees

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Cats catching rodent girdling trees
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 07:52:33 -0500

I have two cats, only one of which is grey (color doesn't matter). I
keep them well fed and there isn't a rodent to be found on the property.
They prefer fresh meat to cat food so they are always on the prowl. Both of
my cats are neutered males. I once had a better mouser; it was a female
and, when she had a batch of kittens, she'd catch and bring critters nearly
every day. Rabbits are my biggest problem for girdling trees because they
chew at the top of the tree protectors - and that momma cat would drag home
rabbits that were bigger than her.

--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm