nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Orchard Bees Hardiness

  • From: "Jim Notkey" <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Orchard Bees Hardiness
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:46:45 -0400

Del,

Here in the piedmont of NC, my apples and pears are about 1/4 into bloom
and the Orchard Mason Bees are about 1/2 hatched out, so my suggestion is
to be patient. Usually all my bees have emerged by April 17, but they are
a few days late this year. While we have had days in the 70s, it will get
down to 34 here tonight.

Jim

used to change other email options):