nafex - Sam BrungardtRe: [NAFEX] Elderberries Question

  • From: David W Hausmann <wizard2468@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Sam BrungardtRe: [NAFEX] Elderberries Question
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:42:30 -0500

Dear Sam,
Thank you for the info. They will probably be seedlings,
everything I have received from them so far has been, including the
blackberries, except for the willows I bought, they were all cuttings.
Thank you again for the information. Have a Good One! Love, Peace and
Perception

Wizard
Saint Louis, Missouri

Be Cooool!
Wizard2468
Free e-mail,
Ain't it great!
www.MS-O.com

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:14:56 -0500 "Brungardt, Sam"
<Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us> writes:
> I don't know whether the elderberries you've received from the Mo.
> Dept.
> of Conservation are seedlings or plants grown from root cuttings.
> My
> guess is that they're seedlings because I'd think the department
> would
> want to maximize genetic diversity. If they're seedlings, you only
> need
> to plant two plants near each other.
>
> Had they been grown from root cuttings (the way named cultivars
> are), it
> would probably be prudent to plant in groups of three to five plants
> increase the chance of having plants of at least two genetic
> compositions together to cross pollinate. -- Sam Brungardt, St.
> Paul,
> Minn.

  • Sam BrungardtRe: [NAFEX] Elderberries Question, David W Hausmann, 04/06/2005