nafex - [NAFEX] Lon writes: There are a number of ways to shoot squirrels that are surprisingly

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Lon writes: There are a number of ways to shoot squirrels that are surprisingly
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 04:50:11 -0700 (PDT)

Lon writes:

There are a number of ways to shoot squirrels that are surprisingly

safe.

My reply:

In the old days this was handled by what was called "barking".   Basically you shot the tree next to the squirrel, the bark and concussion served enough to stun the squirrel or outright kill it. The advantageous: There is little chance of missing and the bullet going where you do not want it.  Damage to the animal is minimized (and as I learned from my dear friend Tony, squirrels make the best gravy for deer meat) and you are not dealing in poisons. I mentioned this before but here is one home remedy I found very effective.  Buy a cheap jar of peanut butter and some Plaster of Paris.  Mix the Plaster of Paris into some peanut butter until it has firmed up and is the consistency of a baked chocolate cookie.  Simply make some “peanuts” for the critters and press them into the tree bark of their favorite trees on the squirrel runs.   They love these tasty little snacks and in a few days you will have no more squirrels.   Regards, FuwaFuwaUsagi

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] Lon writes: There are a number of ways to shoot squirrels that are surprisingly, fuwa fuwa usagi, 04/05/2005