nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bending branches

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bending branches
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 08:18:48 -0700 (PDT)

How close to horizontal? With apples the idea is to get an out-&-up angle,
NOT to
weigh the branch down to a flatter angle because they tend to droop as they
grow
out. If a branch is horizontal or lower, that really slows things down! If
all the
cherry tree branches are at this too low angle, that's the problem. (I don't
grow
cherries, and I've never measured my branch angles, sorry.)