nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry Paper

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry Paper
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:56:03 -0600

At 09:41 AM 3/30/2005, Doc L. wrote:
Just as a matter of interest for mulberry aficionados, there is a paper made in Japan, "Yoshino Paper" which is very fine, made from fibers of mulberry trees.

Hey, Doc.
Is that made from M.alba, or from fibers from the paper mulberry, Broussonetia papyrifera?
I see this one occasionally, as an unkempt shrubby kind of thing, usually at the edge of the yard of older homes around town here, and a bunch of 'em at the UK Robinson Forest complex over in eastern KY. Have never seen a fruit on any of them, which supposedly looks something like a Che or small Osage Orange fruit, so I suspect that most of what I've seen were non-fruiting male plants.

Lucky