nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Saskatoons

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Saskatoons
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:14:59 -0800 (PST)

Nope. I've protected my amels from all munchers. (FORGOT to protect against
voles
last fall, but fortunately no vole damage happened!) I think the ones we see
wild
in the woods here (sWI) and 'Up Nort' are different species than the oft
planted
Timm & Success & other heavier fruiting cultivars.

They showed only one quarter to one half inch of growth for several years
(would
have removed them, if I wasn't curious), until I started spiking the soil pH.