nafex - [NAFEX] Which of the 140 Red Delicious?

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Which of the 140 Red Delicious?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:07:55 -0500

Which of the 140+ genotypes referred to as "Red Delicious" are any of you
referring to when you say you DO or DO NOT like "Red Delicious"?

If you say you like "Santana", which of the 40+ lineups Santana has put on
stage are you referring to? Or to Carlos Santana himself? "Santana", or
Carlos Santana, has inherited credit for music, which has been produced by
100 or more musicians. The original band named "Santana" had members who
left and started enormously successful other bands.

I like to hear questions about the "Hawkeye Red Delicious" because at least
it refers to one specific genotype of the 140+ "Red Delicious". We are all
talking about the same thing. At least when we are talking about "Hawkeye"
Among the other 139+ "Red Delicious" a few are very good. But we need a
specific name for that genotype because "Red Delicious" leaves us completely
lost.

Charlie Paradise
Massachusetts