nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 26, Issue 55 ...Apples

  • From: Doc Lisenby <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 26, Issue 55 ...Apples
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:46:15 -0500

Won't crabapple do it? My Centennial seems to furnish enough to do the job and my Dorsett develops enough fruit to feed the cedar apple rust and apple maggots.
"Lacy" apple from Lee Calhoun in Pittsboro, NC is said to survive and produce here in the Sandhills. I haven't tried it. Been too busy with seven varieties of figs, eight different muscadines, five kinds of rabbiteyes, three varieties of mulberries and several types of blackberries. We are blessed. Let's try a Musa 'Orinoco' Banana. I've heard we can get a crop down here.
Doc
Zone 7/8
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete Benfield" <kc5gxc@isp.com>