nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Shipping efficiency

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Shipping efficiency
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:32:13 EST

In a message dated 2/23/2005 12:31:12 PM US Eastern Standard Time, tanisgrif@yahoo.com writes:

I might have mentioned in my first posting that a Priority package I sent one year
ago happened to take a week or ten days to reach its recipient, in only the next
state or maybe two.  Has anyone else had similar experience?

Yes, yes, yes.

USPS will tell you expected delivery based on zip codes, but there are NO guarantees. First class mail often gets there faster. I sent an urgently needed check via Priority mail to Michigan, 8 hours drive away and it took 5 working days. When I called they said we don't guarantee delivery times. One to Indianapolis took three days (65 miles up I-70) and I literally could have walked it there faster.

When I send material that must be there I use UPS or Fed-X. While in business I sent paychecks to distant employees via UPS because as first class mail wasn't reliable. With the UPS Storers now, it is even easier to send via UPS.

Jerry Lehman

PS. I don't work for UPS, never have. Neither family.