nafex - Re: [NAFEX] impatiens

  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] impatiens
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:42:57 -0800

I would like to grow impatiens from seed this year to save some money, and partly because of the challenge. Does anybody know if one variety is easier than another to grow from seed? Also, any advice? Jerry in southern Indiana

_

I grew impatiens from seed many years ago and seem to remember that Stokes Seeds had very precise instructions - something about red light for some colours? These were instructions for commercial growers. Maybe they have a website with sowing instructions.

I didn't do anything fancy, but had good success.

Diane Whitehead