nafex - [NAFEX] Hogg and Bull Herefordshire Pomona

  • From: "Dyer, Jonathan A." <dyerja@health.missouri.edu>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Hogg and Bull Herefordshire Pomona
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:08:03 -0600

Just an FYI to interested parties.  The Marcher Apple Network (MAN) from the UK is organizing the production of a CD-ROM featuring the color plates and descriptions from the Herefordshire Pomona.  Expected cost of the CD-ROM with shipping to the USA will be $30 US.  This is likely going to be an excellent opportunity for those of us who are not independently wealthy to obtain a copy of this invaluable resource.

I have included text from Andrew Lea's email about the subject, which is taken from the Marcher apple Network:

"There is a copy of the "flyer" describing the project at http://www.marcherapple.net/pomona.htm

where order forms can be downloaded. I expect to load an example of part of a plate and the corresponding description in a couple of weeks' time. This will allow anybody interested in a copy of the CD to get a preview of what will be available. It will also allow anybody with less usual operating systems and/ or browsers to check that they will have no problems accessing the data on the CD. (The plates and descriptions will be set up as a website on the CD so there will be no need to install any software on purchaser's computers)"

Jon Dyer