nafex - [NAFEX] Responding to 'Breezy Hill'

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Responding to 'Breezy Hill'
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 07:25:26 -0600

On January 31, Breezy Hill wrote:

However, Territorial Seed Company &lt;territorialseed.com&gt; lists
MINIATURE BELL PEPPERS OP 55 days. "Impressive miniature bell really pumps
out the peppers! Expect up to 75 peppers per plant. The deep red 3 lobed
fruit are 2 1/2" wide by 1 1/4" long. Very sweet." Also comes in Yellow
and Chocolate. Order numbers are PP695, PP696 and PP697 respectively.
Sampler size is $2.75. If you can't find JB, this may be even better, as OP
and comes in 3 colors plus green.

There is a problem with the (above) description. The dimensions of the
"3 lobed fruit" describes the Jingle Bell Pepper, not the Miniatures. I
have grown the Miniatures and, yes, I purchased my seed from Territorial
Seed Company. The Miniature Bell Pepper plants do produce copious amounts
of fruits but they are barely larger than shooter marbles. At the farmers'
markets that I sell at, the miniatures didn't sell nearly as well as did
Jingle Bells.

Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN

  • [NAFEX] Responding to 'Breezy Hill', Jim Fruth, 02/02/2005