nafex - [NAFEX] russet apple, no ID, scion available

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] russet apple, no ID, scion available
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:25:52 -0800 (PST)

I just made a decision to remove a non-performing
tree. I don't know for certain what cultivar it is.
Scionwood was collected in a "nearby" orchard (20
miles away) with much better soil and a little more
sunlight than mine. It was a late-ripening sweet
russet in that orchard; it doesn't ripen in my
orchard. Tree is vigorous & amoung the healthier,
with rather vertical branches.

Does anyone want scion? Please contact off-list,
unless there is reason to tell the whole group this is
not the way to distribute scion.

Tanis Cuff, s.WI, I wouldn't recommend this tree for
north of z.5