nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Finding sweet cherry pits

  • From: Bernie Nikolai <BNikolai@shaw.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Finding sweet cherry pits
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:37:59 -0800

Thanks Sam, but I already have. They can sometimes provide small
quantities, say a couple of hundred pits. Its just surprisingly rare to
have any quantities of sweet cherry pits. They are almost always sold
fresh, not processed, which means large quantities of pits are simply not
available. This is my guess as to why there are no sweet cherries for zone
3. You need many, many plants to find the one in 10,000 that is hardy
enough. Still looking however...
Bernie Nikolai
Edmonton, Alberta
-39.6C on my outside digital thermometer as I type