nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Pachu Pachu

  • From: Lon Rombough <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Pachu Pachu
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 14:55:44 -0800

I'd try the California Rare Fruit Growers http://www.crfg.org That's the kind of fruits they handle all the time.
-Lon Rombough
On Jan 9, 2005, at 10:22 AM, Doc Lisenby wrote:

Ed, I saw and took a picture of the lemon-sized fruit and discussed it with someone, maybe someone on this site. I had my tourist guide show me a tree (according to her) from which it came. I lost interest when I discovered that it probably wouldn't grow here. I doubt that it was the Goldenberry which Pat mentioned. I ate several and they were kinda insipid( to my taste). Other fruits and foods at the market in Cuzco were much more interesting. Sorry, maybe I'll do better next time. It would be more interesting if Peru wasn't so strict about selling alcoholic beverages. Plenty of coca leaves to munch on if that happens to be your bag. They sell them in grocery stores to ward off "mountain sickness".
Doc
Zone 7/8