nafex - [NAFEX] Foliar Spraying

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Foliar Spraying
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:07:35 -0600

I've been reading about foliar spraying regimens that (alledgedly)
increase fruit harvests and fruit/berry size. The idea sounded reasonable
so I decided to try it. I tried it for three years on black raspberries,
several varieties each of summer raspberries and 'everbearing' raspberries
and several types of blackberries all with ZERO results. The crop from the
sprayed groups have been, consistantly, identical to the (unsprayed) control
groups. AND, I've used regimens from several professionals/fertilizer
companies all with the same zero results.
At this point, I have to ask, "Is foliar spraying just another case of
"snake oil?" Have any NAFEZers tried it? What results have any of you
received?

Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN