nafex - [NAFEX] Fwd: [rarefruit] rio grande cherry ( eugenia agregata )

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fwd: [rarefruit] rio grande cherry ( eugenia agregata )
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:44:07 -0600

(here's a different approach to getting your seedling trees to fruit, I'm gonna have to try this. -mIEKAL)

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Andrew Hendrickson" <ahendric@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: December 9, 2004 11:59:28 AM CST
To: <rarefruit@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [rarefruit] rio grande cherry ( eugenia agregata )

Erica,

I have to wholeheartedly agree with the threatening of trees.  I had a lemon
tree in the ground for 6 years with not so much as a bloom and I went out
and kicked it a couple of times and told it the next time I had the chainsaw
out I would introduce them.  Now 2 years later I have my second set of fruit
(100+).  Same thing on a seedling longan.  Now if I could only get it to
work on my avocado and tamarind.

Andy
Tampa, FL