nafex - Re: [NAFEX] raspberry suggestions

  • From: mark wessel <growyourown@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] raspberry suggestions
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:00:54 -0500

Deb,
Several years back an extension agent from SE Ohio gave me a chart of
theyre trails of Red and Yellow Summer bearing rasp., Fall bearing,black
purple and blackberries. I believe the trails at least part of them took
place in SE ohio. Maybe Pikeville.They rated:

yield,berry size, root rot tolerance, hardiness, quality and ripening date.

I will just list a few that rated well across the board for the summer reds.

Reveille and boyne for the early season

Sentry,killarney, Qualicum,and hilton Mid season

Encore and Tulameen rated medium for the late season.

I dont really have any experience with these. The year I planted my
rasberries we had a drought. I lost all the summer bearing rasp. All the
fall bearing rasp. survived. Caroline is by far the best for me in sw ohio.
Very long season.

Mark SE Ohio