nafex - Re: [NAFEX] negative... Whether Weather[Wind Chill] Effects Plants

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] negative... Whether Weather[Wind Chill] Effects Plants
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:40:57 +0000

Just this morning I was pondering the Q of how to get some over-wintering pots ready for a forecast cold snap. Thru the summer the problem is how to give them enough water plus keeping the pots cool; seems suddenly the issue is frozen root masses. I gradually move them from the site where the first is more convenient, to the site where over-wintering will work better. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

If you mean frost-tender tropicals, I say bring them in sooner rather than later/ better safe than sorry. If the afternoon & evening feel chilly, frost is likely-- to heck with the official forecast. As for car batteries, the last thing I heard was wind-chill doesn't matter. It just cools stuff off faster than still air.

Tanis, s.WI, be warrrrrm!