nafex - RE: Possible SPAM::Possible SPAM::[NAFEX] Pine tree Nuts

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: Possible SPAM::Possible SPAM::[NAFEX] Pine tree Nuts
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:17:55 -0500

I've found Forest Farm Nursery in Oregon to be an excellent source of
hard-to-find plants. Its Web site is at http://www.forestfarm.com/. A
friend who has a tree farm outside Minneapolis has planted some Korean
pines (I'm not sure which species) that are supposed to bear pine nuts
and are hardy in this climate.

Also, the Northern Nut Growers Assn. Web site has some good links to
sites having information about pine nuts, including production (see
http://www.icserv.com/nnga/links.htm#PINE). -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul,
Minn. (USDA Zone 4b in the metro area heat island)