nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Re: fundraising/cds/dues

  • From: JoanRRosenberg@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org (North American Fruit Explorers)
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Re: fundraising/cds/dues
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:49:38 -0400

I like the idea of low dues. My pockets are not deep.

I like the idea of being able to buy the cds for past issues.
The sale of cds should cover the cost of producing them.

I like the idea of donating bench graft trees for auction to support Nafex.

Where I live on LI there are very few people interested in growing fruit
trees. I could recruit vigorously and be considered a nut case very fast.
People here want to buy fruit, not raise it, unless they are a farmer. And
the orchards left on LI are not that many.

Where is the library person - could he not tell us what is in the Nafex
library that can be scanned?

I also like receiving the Pomona in print. That should always remain the
standard.

Members should be able to request the email version if available, or it could
be put on the web site for all to access. Maintaining an email list is not
much fun.

Do we have anyone on the list who is into computer document management or
self-publishing? They would know what software is available.