nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Chinese Che or melon tree

  • From: "David Consolvo" <fruitopia@nexet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Chinese Che or melon tree
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:59:29 -0400

My che fruit are pleasant enough to eat, mildly sweet and flavorful, but they
lack the tartness to pique my interest like many other fruit do. Many of my
friends agree, although a few have been more enthusiastic than I.

I will say for che though that it is certainly fun to show people such an
unusual fruit growing right by the garden. Plus, che fruit go very well with
chocolate, but then, most things do.

P.S. For those of you enamored of my Albemarle Pippin (Newtown Pippin) tree
planted in the 1890's, it died this summer. New trees grafted from this tree
may still be available at Rollin Wooley's nursery in Gloucester, Virginia.

David Consolvo
Hungrytown, Albemarle County, Va.
Zone 7 and rising

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.nexet.net