nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Apple size in a restored orchard

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Apple size in a restored orchard
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:11:42 -0400

All my apples are very small in Z 5 MI.
It is because of the cold odd summer. I have had plenty of rain. Pears mostly the same.Persimmons were over a month late to bloom as with Pawpaws. I don't expect any to ripen. pawpaws all stayed small. Things did very well in even near drought and warm years. Hope for better season next year. Figs just started to ripen as of Sept. 1st when we had days in low 80s night in the 70s.
Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.