nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Dwarf Trees in sod

  • From: lee reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Dwarf Trees in sod
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:03:27 -0400

Sod would reduce growth by competing for nutrients and water. Nutrients and water are especially critical for young trees and for trees on dwarfing rootstocks. An older tree, especially on a seedling rootstock, would not be affected. There's also potential for mouse damage when sod grows right up to the trunk.

www.leereich.com