nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Fwd: Question

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Fwd: Question
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:02:11 -0700

>From the Plants for a Future website...
http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/cgi-bin/pfaf/arr_html?Rhamnus+carolinianus&CA
N=LATIND
"Rhamnus carolinianus - Indian cherry
Edible Uses
Fruit - raw or cooked. The fruit has a thin rather dry flesh[82] with a
sweet and agreeable flavour[2, 11, 105, 229]. The fruit is about 7 -
10mm in diameter and contains 2 - 4 small seeds[229]. Some caution is
advised, see the notes above on toxicity."

No mention of the annual amount of fruit produced.

-Mark Lee, Seattle