nafex - Re: [NAFEX] hollow plum stones

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] hollow plum stones
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:06:53 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] hollow plum stones
You don't say where you are, but one plum that is hard to beat as a pollinizer for Japanese and American type plums is Shiro.  IF it's hardy enough for where you are.

Thank you for the response. The fruit set I am getting is poor. There is plenty of bloom on both LaCresent and Opata and there bloom period partially overlaps. There is very little activey by bees and insects at that time. My quest is to come up with a polinator for the two species rather than propagating either of them.