nafex - Re: [NAFEX] dehydrating black currants

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] dehydrating black currants
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 15:09:57 -0400

Hi Del,

Freeze them! I put them in old margarine containers and just freeze them.

If you want them frozen loose, just put waxed paper on a cookie sheet. Spread a layer of currants over the waxed paper, place in the freezer (level) and freeze berries solid. Put the indiviual frozen berries into containers or bags, they will not clump.

I use the same technique with sliced green peppers too.

Just put them in a large zip lock bag, and you can pull out a loose handful, whenever you want them.

Later,
Tom