nafex - [NAFEX] Early apple ripening this year?

  • From: Stefan Brandle <sbrandle@css.tayloru.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Early apple ripening this year?
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 09:49:06 -0500

Am I imagining things, or has this strange weather [unusually cool for summer] confused the plants, including the apple trees? My yellow transparent apples started ripening about a month early (end of June) and the others are dropping fruit at a pretty serious rate, much greater than I remember in the past.

Confused and hoping that we're not going to have a wierd winter [in zone 5b].

-- sb