nafex - [NAFEX] Re: pecans to graft or bud

  • From: longdistshtr <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: pecans to graft or bud
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:28:47 -0400

Keith, as Gordon says, greenwood tip grafting needs heat but I've found
that in my zone (7-8), they need shade from the direct rays of the sun. I
use aluminum foil and/or paper bags. Sometimes here I get fungi attacks if
it is rainy. Once a fungus starts, they fail to strive. This happens
regardless of grafting or budding. You might not have this problem in your
area. Maybe Lucky and Donna can comment. Lucky's grafting method is great
for regular dormant scions. I want to try Gordon's greenwood tip grafting
soon.
Doc Lisenby

  • [NAFEX] Re: pecans to graft or bud, longdistshtr, 07/10/2004