nafex - Re: [NAFEX] strawberry watering

  • From: "David Doud" <doudone@netusa1.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] strawberry watering
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 13:34:47 -0500

del, strawberries are basically sunshine and water - - the plants need
abundant water always, but especially as they size to ripness - - 1" twice
a week is in the range, tho soil types play into this - sandy soil, 1/2"
four times a week would be better - water mid morning to mid afternoon so
foliage/berries dry off quickly - soak 'em - but not sodden...