nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mystery mutation on wild elderberries

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mystery mutation on wild elderberries
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:31:38 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Mystery mutation on wild elderberries
It looks like either an insect gall, or a fungal infection.  Either way, I'd cut and burn it quick before it sporulates/releases the insect inside, as the case may be.   Take a good amount on either side of the shoot.

Mystery mutation on wild elderberries

Below is a link to photos of a mysterious growth which has appeared on
the wild elderberries that are growing at Dreamtime Village. Never seen
this before in the 13 years I've been growing here.   So far this
growth has not spread to the selected varieties of elderberries I have
elsewhere in the garden.  I would love to know more information about
what causes this, is it something to worry about, etc.   mIEKAL

http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php/MysteryMutation