nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Questions about grafting

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Questions about grafting
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:21:50 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Questions about grafting
FWIW, I've chip budded pawpaws with nearly 100% success.  No reason it wouldn't work with dormant scionwood and actively growing stock.
-Lon Rombough

Paw paws appanently don't t-bud from what I've read.  They do whip graft easly.
Be sure and wait until the leaves for pushing though.
I whip grafted about a dozen this year.

I am able to force the bud in May as I t-bud(citrus)in April.
phil