nafex - [NAFEX] Gummosis on apricot

  • From: Mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Gummosis on apricot
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:50:26 -0400

I was walking by my largest apricot tree recently. I noticed that the lowest
branch's leaves were wilting. I looked closer and notice that at the base of
this branch was significant gummy residue from the bark. There was also
gummosis extending up the main trunk from this branch.

Should I:
1) Do nothing (except remove branch once it dies).
2) Remove branch.
3) Remove branch and strip bark from gummy area on main trunk.

Let me know your thoughts/experience/knowledge regarding this.

--
Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6