nafex - [NAFEX] curled apple leaf

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] curled apple leaf
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:11:31 -0400

Hello All,

Not sure this will work, but here is a photo of apple with a curled leaf.  (I used Yahoo Photos on a shared album to share this image);

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/c83cb514/bc/bd22/__sr_/a909.jpg?phYc0zABuWD_oJWK

The apple leaf curled (lengthwise) the same way it did last year when it was in a 20 gallon utility tub.  It is now in a raised bed (4'x4') and shows no problems (very healthy) except the leaf is curling again.

It flowered and set fruit this season, and the leaves are all very healthy, and all else seems normal.  A tree next to it in a different raised bed does not have this leaf curl.  I have not watered as the moisture meter shows that it does not need it.  The spring has been very wet anyway.

Would a leaf curl with too much water?

Thanks,
Tom