nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cicadas, eating thereof

  • From: Jacquelyn Kuehn <jakuehn@mail.yourinter.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cicadas, eating thereof
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 09:47:56 -0400

I'm a little late weighing in on this subject, but cicadas are big in the news today.  If you read "Notes from Orchard Slope," Fall 2002 Pomona, you'll see that our family played John the Baptist, through coercion (translated:  $5 for each one you eat!) from Dad.  Not our favorite, nor a meal we'll probably repeat, but quite a badge of embarrassed courage for our teenagers!

Jackie Kuehn